Publication Year: 2021,
Good operations management is not only crucial to success in business, but critical to our survival. Now in its second edition, Operations Management retains its engaging writing style and balanced approach of quantitative and qualitative material. With integrated theories and real-world examples, this new edition presents increasingly important principles, applicable to both service and manufacturing contexts, in a clear and captivating way. Containing everything necessary to understand this fascinating and everevolving field, this textbook will soon become indispensable.
* A new structure to refocus the book and align with teaching
* Fully updated pedagogy, including Worked Examples, Critical Perspectives and Contemporary Thinking
* New interviews with leading operations managers, highlighting the different roles available and preparing students foremployment in the field
* A strong global focus through over 70 new or revised cases, including companies such as Amazon, FIFA World Cup, IBM, LEGO, Nike, Sony and many more
* Up-to-date coverage of contemporary topics, such as the 4Vs, blockchain, Big Data, the Internet of Things and disruptive services in the supply chain
* Revised end-of-chapter content to test comprehension, including Review Questions, Discussion Questions and Problems
* Continued links to and emphasis on Globalization, Business Integration and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Operations Management is available with McGraw Hill's Connect (R), the online learning platform which features resources to help faculty and institutions improve student outcomes and course delivery efficiency.