The Complete Guide to Sports Nutrition is the definitive practical handbook for anyone wanting a performance advantage.
What you eat and drink are important considerations when it comes to maximising your sports performance. Whether you are a professional or amateur athlete, or just enjoy regular workouts, well-chosen nutrition strategies can enhance your performance and recovery after exercise.
This fully updated and revised edition incorporates the latest cutting-edge research and provides all the tools to help you reach your performance goals.
This ninth edition includes accessible guidance on the following topics:
* Maximising endurance, strength, performance and recovery
* How to calculate your optimal energy, carbohydrate and protein requirements
* Advice on improving body composition
* The most popular sports supplements
* Relative energy deficiency in sport (RED-S) and eating disorders
* Hydration strategies to prevent hypohydration and overhydration
* Specific advice for masters athletes, young athletes and plant-based athletes
* Nutrition strategies to prepare for competition
* Immune health and recovery from injury
* Gut health and how to avoid gut problems during exercise.