Concise, portable, and user-friendly, The Washington Manual (R) of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement covers essential information in every area of this complex field. With a focus on improving systems and processes, preventing errors, and promoting transparency, this practical reference provides an overview of PS/QI fundamentals, as well as insight into how these principles apply to a variety of clinical settings. Part of the popular Washington Manual (R) series, this unique volume provides the knowledge and skills necessary for an effective, proactive approach to patient safety and quality improvement.
* Addresses PS/QI in various clinical settings and with specific populations , including radiology, emergency room, surgery, ambulatory, pediatrics, and psychiatry.
* Introduces models, measurements, and tools to assess patient safety and quality improvement
* Discusses medical errors, how to respond to adverse events, and potential solutions.
* Begins each chapter with a clinical vignette and discussion questions , and offers additional resources for further reading.
* Shares the expertise of faculty members from multiple departments at Washington University in St. Louis, ideal for health care providers at all levels of experience.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
* Complete content with enhanced navigation
* Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
* Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
* Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
* Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
* Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
The Washington Manual (R) is a registered mark belonging to Washington University in St. Louis to which international legal protection applies. The mark is used in this publication by LWW under license from Washington University.