Publication Year: 2020,
Were you looking for the book with access to MyMathLab Global? This product is the book alone, and does NOT come with access to MyMathLab Global. Buy Foundation Maths, 7th edition with MyMathLab Global access card (ISBN 9781292289762) if you need access to MyMathLab Global as well, and save money on this resource. You will also need a course ID from your lecturer to access MyLab.
Foundation Maths has been written for students taking higher and further education courses who may not have specialised in mathematics on post-16 qualifications and need to use mathematical and statistical tools in their courses. It is ideally suited to those studying marketing, business studies, management, science, engineering, social science, geography, combined studies and design. It will be particularly useful for those who lack confidence and who need careful, steady guidance in mathematical methods. For those whose mathematical expertise is already established, the book will be a helpful revision and reference guide. The style of the book also makes it suitable for self-study and distance learning.
Features of the book
* Mathematical processes described in everyday language.
* Key points highlighting important results for easy reference
* Worked examples included throughout the book to reinforce learning.
* Self-assessment questions to test understanding of important concepts, with answers provided at the back of the book.
* Exercises that provide a key opportunity to develop competence through practice
* Demanding, Challenge Exercises included at the end of chapters to stretch the keenest students.
* Test and assignment exercises with answers provided in a lecturer's Solutions Manual on the website) allow lecturers to set regular work to complete throughout the course.
* A companion website containing a student support pack and video tutorials, plus PowerPoint slides and a Solutions Manual for lecturers, can be found at www.pearsoned.co.uk/croft
New to this seventh edition
* A new section explains the importance of developing a thorough mathematical foundation in order to take advantage of and exploit the full capability of mathematical and statistical technology used in higher education and in the workplace.
* Extensive sections throughout the book illustrate how readily-available computer software and apps can be used to perform mathematical and statistical calculations, particularly those involving algebra, calculus, graph plotting and data analysis.
* There are revised, enhanced sections on histograms and factorisation of quadratic expressions
* The new edition is fully integrated with MyMathLab, a powerful online homework, tutorial and self-study system.
Anthony Croft has taught mathematics in further and higher education institutions for over thirty years. During this time he has championed the development of mathematics support for the many students who find the transition from school to university mathematics particularly difficult. In 2008 he was awarded a National Teaching Fellowship in recognition of his work in this field. He has authored many successful mathematics textbooks, including several for engineering students. He was jointly awarded the IMA Gold Medal 2016 for his outstanding contribution to mathematics education.
Robert Davison has thirty years' experience teaching mathematics in both further and higher education. He has authored many successful mathematics textbooks, including several for engineering students.