With a major focus on building better habits, Peak Performance, 11e, teaches students to identify triggers for their habits, how to create a productive behavior routine and a reward that leads to a cycle of success. Through the power of grit, perseverance and resiliency, students learn to practice a positive, open mindset that focuses on growth, learning, and effort. The author also provides students practical advice about getting involved in clubs and campus events, connecting with students, tutors, advisers, and instructors to avoid feeling overwhelmed during their new start in college.
Peak Performance delivers the essential tools for managing time and resources by showing students how to:
* Empower themselves to feel that they belong in college and that the tools for success are all around them
* Learn how habits work and how to replace counter-productive habits with positive habits that will help them in college and beyond
* Learn to integrate all learning styles for maximum success
* Learn how to seek out support and resources on campus for challenges new students face, and remain persistent in pursuit of their goals
* Relate what they are exploring now to future success on the job
* Strive to cultivate the qualities, habits, and skills of peak performers