The third edition of Community Nutrition: Planning Health Promotion and Disease Prevention provides students and professionals with the knowledge, skills, tools, and evidence-based approaches they need to effectively promote health and prevent disease. Reflecting the latest direction in public health and community nutrition, it considers the comprehensive approach taken by practitioners providing community-based services that emphasize primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention.
Divided into three parts, Community Nutrition provides an overview of the public health nutrition landscape, addresses nutrition interventions for vulnerable populations, and explores how to deliver successful nutrition services. Given its extensive coverage and inclusion of engaging pedagogical features, this text is an essential resource for community nutrition courses and a useful reference tool.
- Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access complete with interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, learning analytics reporting tools, and more
- Reflects the latest research, guidelines, and policy developments in community and public health nutrition
- Features Successful Community Strategies boxes that discuss recent effective intervention programs and provide examples of research-based best practices
- Includes Case Studies that provide students with the opportunity to apply what they have learned in each chapter
- Incorporates Think About It questions that emphasize active learning